Thursday, August 2, 2012

Excuse Me While I Take This Foot Out of My Mouth...

What is it about directions that make you not want to read them step-by-step?  I do this thing where I read a few steps and assume I know exactly what I need to do next and then subsequently skip steps and end up "what-the-fucking" the directions (because CLEARLY it isn't MY FAULT) when I have to back track because I missed a step or screwed something up.  The same thing happens with a really good book.  I want to know what happens next so bad that I skip all the details that over-explain the surroundings and when something major happens later and I'm not sure who the HELL Mrs. Robinson is I'm pissed at my Kindle for skipping pages.  I mean really people, *SPOILER ALERT* no one cares what exact color grey Christian Grey's eyes are in the Fifty Shades book...we want to know what he's going to smack Anna's ass with next.

Call it lack of patience or tell me I have no attention to detail but I have a bit of get.to.the.point-itis.  So last night I was skimming Facebook and happened upon a photo that caught my eye.  It was a picture of 8 shots lined up in a semi-circle and they ranged in colors LIKE A RAINBOW...it was booze and it was glorious.  So I read (aka assumed I knew what it said) the caption and commented.  Check, check AND chiggity check check.  Go back, reread my comment, smile smugly at myself and then reread the caption.  Oh God.  OH. MY. GOD.  I'll allow the photos to speak for themselves.  But for those of you that are like me, I'll make a long story short and tell you I called someone a skank.  Nice Kate, real fucking nice.

  

Tell me about a time when you had to "open mouth, insert foot".

No comments:

Post a Comment