Monday, August 6, 2012

Well Played Karma, Well Played...

I enjoy a good dare.  Ask anyone who spends a lot of time with me and they'll tell you that I RARELY turn one down.  I'm also known as the trouble-maker, the loud one, the shit disturber, "crazy Katie" and yes, I've been known to poke the stick in the lion's cage a time or two.  It's like I get off on shocking people, always dancing on the line of inappropriateness.  You know what I don't get off on?  Karma.  I think she's a real bitch.

One time I innocently went to a Purdue/Notre Dame football game at Purdue and ended up with karma being on her period.  We were all having a good time tailgating and drinking when bad things happened to good people.  

This is an example of one of those times when the joke was on you me.

Oh.My.Gah. you guys look at that huge train thing driving around the parking lot!  

You mean the Boiler Maker?

Sure.  I'm gonna go ride it.

Well, you might not want to.

Dare Me?

Ha, ha, ha...Yep, I do.

OK

Good luck.

For the next hour I rode around the ENTIRE Purdue Campus, with band members.  Mind you I was no longer young enough to be a college student (unless I was studying to be a doctor), had NOTHING in common with these people and I was dressed head to toe in Fighting Irish gear.  Worst part?  We made a stop at every other block to pick up another student in the band and it was the same routine every time:

Who's the girl in Notre Dame clothes?

Don't know, she got on in the parking lot.

Ha...idiot drunk fan probably.

Awkward smile & wave.

After exactly 63 minutes (yeah, I kept track) I was never so happy to see the Purdue football stadium.  

Note to self large trains that are mobile and not on a track are only cool when you are under the age of 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment